Why self publish?
- Publishers don't consider books that don't sell certain number of copies.
- Publish control approval, distribution, printing and know-how of publishing.
- Free ebook creation
- Distribution is democratized. Readers care about author and not who published it
- Professional publishing best practices are available to authors for free.
- Traditional publishers are losing monopoly
- Competitive advantage over traditional publishers. Better job of reaching readers. Traditional publishers tend to price the product high that can hurt sales.
- No longer the last option for a writer
- The global sales of your ebook
Self published author == Indie authorship
- It's a growing market. Print books are shrinking market.
- People prefer changeable font size.
- Lower cost than print
- Huge selection
- Convenient browsing and purchasing
- Countries outside the US are entering the exponential growth phase of their ebook markets
Advantages of Self Publishing
- Faster time to market
- Creative control
- Better distribution to global market
- Ebooks never go out of print
- Lower expenses
- Lower prices to consumers
- Earn more per book (60 - 80 % vs 12 - 17 %)