1. Smash Words : Smashwords Highlights:
- We make it fast, free and easy to publish an ebook!
- World's largest indie ebook distributor
- 185,000+ titles published by 50,000+ authors and publishers
- 85% net back to the author/publisher/agent
- Distribution to Apple iBookstore (50 countries), Barnes & Noble, Sony, Kobo, Baker & Taylor, Diesel, Page Foundry and more on the way
- Upload your book once and enjoy distribution to multiple retailers. Spend more time writing and less time managing multiple retailer platforms.
- We provide simple, step-by-step instructions that make it free and easy for anyone to create, publish and distribute an ebook.
- Distribution to libraries
2. Inventing Reality Editing Service
Dreaming of becoming a published writer? Trying to ensure your book reaches the largest audience possible? At the Inventing Reality Editing Service blog, I'll offer tips and advice about improving your writing and marketing your book, all based on what I've seen as editing and writing dozens of published works.
3. Self Publishing Advocate : Publishing tips for self publishing authors.
4. Wise Ink
- If you have a book dream, there’s a good reason for it. You have nothing to lose in figuring out if writing and then publishing your book is the right move.
- If you know you want to publish your book on your own, all you need is a plan (and chutzpah).
- Self-publishing is work, but it’s fun, and there are LOTS of resources out there to help you.
5. Self Publish 101 is a free resource site for those considering self-publishing of any book or other media by the author of the work. All of the content is written by publishing industry professionals and authors who’ve self-published, The author is responsible and in control of entire process including design (cover), formats, price, distribution, marketing and press releases. The authors can do it all themselves or outsource all or part of the process to companies that offer these services.